Friday 10 May 2013

Skincare Routine

This is the run down of what I do to my skin, morning and night, in order to keep it looking- and feeling- as good as possible!


I have generally combination-oily skin, and like any other person I have periods of spots and (heavenly) periods of clear skin, so my routine slightly changes, depending on how my skin is feeling.


MORNING:
This is the PerfectaWash Automatic Face Wash Dispenser from Clearasil. I absolutely love this, I can definitely feel a difference after using this, it smells incredible! I have the Superfruits cleanser and it just makes my skin feel amazing.


I bet you were wondering when I would mention this little baby- yes, you've guessed it, Bioderma! I really love to use this after washing my face, by putting it on a cotton pad and just wiping it gently across my face. It's useful to feel that little bit more refreshed (if you don't mind the weird smell!).
When it comes to the mornings, I'm really quite lazy with moisturiser and eye gel, however when I'm feeling like my skin really needs a pick-me-up, I'll use my Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Facial Moisturiser and Soothing Eye Gel. They do a lot to wake me up and leave me looking refreshed and (somewhat) awake!
EVENING:
I put this Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 mask on a few minutes before I have a shower, to let it work, then I wash it off at the end of my shower. I have to say, I really like this, both as a mask and occasionally as a cleanser. It has really reduced the amount of spots I have, makes my skin feel fresh and also smells really great.


A relatively new purchase, this Yes To Cucumbers Daily Gentle Cleanser is fast becoming one of my favourites. On the days where I need a quick face wash in the shower, this is what I reach for. It has a different texture to other face washes I have felt, however it works just as well. Using it soothes my face, had I been having some redness or been in the sun for too long, and its cucumber smell also leaves it feeling fresh.



I absolutely adore this product- the Moisture Prep Toning lotion from Benefit could not be a better match for me. From its incredible smell to silky texture, applying this with a cotton pad just begins the journey to Skin Heaven!






After applying the Moisture Prep toning lotion, I wait a few minutes for it to dry before applying the Total Moisture moisturiser, also from Benefit's skincare range. Again, the smell is a huge bonus but I do feel like my skin is getting sufficiently moisturised, with a touch of softness as well. 



Whenever I buy from Clinique they seem to be having some kind of promotional offer, with some form of makeup bag filled with goodies. Lucky for me, one of those goodies was this All About Eyes eye cream. It has a really thick and creamy texture, so only a really little bit is needed. I apply it at night and by the morning the look of dark circles is definitely reduced. 




If I begin to notice a spot or two, I'll apply this BareMinerals Blemish Therapy powder. While I was sceptical to try this at first, this is now a must-have in my skincare routine. It doesn't smell the best, with hints of tea tree in it, but I can easily get over it for the amazing quality of spot treatment it is. Comes with a handy little brush so apply this at night for a couple of nights, and watch your spots disappear!


LESS REGULAR PRODUCTS:
The following products are much more harsh, only needed when I'm going through a particularly bad period for my skin.


These are the Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains for Face. You only need a small amount, and scrub it onto your face, having added a little bit of water. While this is effective in smoothing down the face, it's extremely harsh and so I only use this about once a week/fortnight.

This is the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. I love this mask for when you just want a deep, down to the pores, clean. If I'm having a particularly bad week, putting this on in the evening does me wonders, however I feel like it's very strong as well, so I try not to use it too often.
I hope I have given you some tips or recommendations, because these are the best products that work for me, as someone with combination-oily skin (but no acne).

What are your recommendations? I'd love to know!
Love, D x




No comments:

Post a Comment