Sunday 7 July 2013

Pre-Holiday Shopping


I have now officially broken up from school- yay!- and soon I'll be going off on holiday, escaping from the boring London scenery to SUNSHINE! 

Well, to be honest it's been quite hot here so it may not be much difference..oh well, I'm still excited!
In preparation for my holiday I did a little pre-holiday Boots run, making sure that I have all the essentials necessary for a great holiday.


First- the essentials for a sunny get away.
Being someone who is prone to serious bug bites, I definitely needed the maximum protection Jungle Formula insect repellent as well as Boots insect repellent spray. Also being someone who is prone to sunburn on my cheeks (I'm really unlucky with foreign places!) I bought a mini travel bottle of the Nivea Sun SPF 30 sun cream to put in my bag everyday. I meant to buy the SPF 50 but I picked up the wrong one accidentally. Inevitably, after being burnt, I bought this Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun cream, that smells absolutely incredible! I don't know why I like it so much, normally being someone who likes coconut, but I find it to smell absolutely amazing.


I just got a couple of things to keep my skin feeling good even while I'm away, nothing that I've had on my list for ages but more so things that appealed to me that were on offer!
I bought the No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator just because I know that my skin gets so clogged up and I will definitely need to exfoliate! I also bought these Halo wipes, one for skin cleansing and the other for hand wiping- a perfect duo!


I've been wanting a salt spray for a while, but haven't been able to come to terms with spending over £20 on the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, so I decided to but the much cheaper L'OrĂ©al Studio Matt & Messy salt spray as well. So far I've really been liking it and I'll update as to how it's going!
Then I got some repurchases, a mini Batiste Dry Shampoo to keep my hair soft and stop it from becoming greasy, as well as a mini Dove Go Fresh deodorant spray, small enough to fit into my hand luggage.

Now, how could I go on a summer holiday without a signature nail colour? Of course I had to pick one up, this is Barry M Gelly in the shade 'Greenberry' and it is just so gorgeous! I've still got to come to the terms of the formulation but I'll be sure to keep trying, because I love the colour so much.
Finally- yes, I caved. I bought two new lip balms. When will this obsession stop?! It's all about moisture with the Blistex Moisture Max and the Carmex Moisture Plus in 'Peach'. I the Carmex one is slightly tinted which I great, so I can get a hint of colour without being too heavy on the lips.

These was my (very last minute) summer shopping!
I hope you enjoyed and please do leave any recommendations down below.
Love, D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment