Saturday 20 July 2013

HOLIDAY PACKING: Makeup

This is the second installment of 'Holiday Shopping' and this one is the best bit- makeup bag!

When going on holiday, I do try to pack as little as possible (to allow room for duty-free shopping, of course) and I hope that I have this time around!


I have my mini Benefit Porefessional primer, which is perfect for mattifying the skin and reducing the appearance of pores!
Then I have another mini Benefit product, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, which is oil-free and has SPF, really perfect for the summertime. 
NB. When writing this blog post I completely forgot to take a picture of my powder! I have the Benefit Hello Flawless powder, which stays on for a long time, as long as I put primer on before!

Time for concealers!
First up is Benefit Fake Up concealer, which I've only bought recently but I've got to say, it's great for moisturising under the eyes and covering up those dark circle.
Then I have the Benefit (wow, it's just dawned on me how many products of theirs I own) Boi-ing concealer. This concealer is seriously the best I've ever tried, covering everything flawlessly and is not cakey at all!


I've brought this multi-use product, Dior Rose Diamond which is 4 (beautiful) shades of blush with a small strip of highlighter. These colours are so wearable and are build able too, so I don't have to bring tons of blush with me- just this cute little compact!


To open up the eyes, I have this Rimmel 'Scandaleyes' kohl pencil in 'Nude' which I can wear on the waterline to brighten my look up.
Also I have my Maybelline Gel Liner which applies really nicely and easy to control. I'm hoping this will stay smudge-proof even in the heat!


I don't want to bother with a lot of eyeshadows so I packed my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Iced Mocha' which is really easy to apply and generally stays on for a long time without smudging.
I have this 17 waterproof mascara so my lashes don't end up smudging all over my face! This is mascara is honestly the best waterproof mascara I've ever tried, I have literally done dives into a lake and swam around for hours without this even smudging, staying put for so long!


I've tried to keep brushes down to a minimum, but I don't think I did a very good job!
First I have the gel liner brush which came with the Maybelline Gel Liner, it does the job but gets really hard between uses, meaning I have to clean it whenever I use it.
Then I have my Real Techniques stippling brush, which I use to apply foundation flawlessly with easy blending. My Sephora retractable blush brush is so useful for travel, protected from bacteria and from its bristles being harmed. 
Finally I have the Lancome brush, which I use for face powder. Its bristles are really soft and is cleaned really easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment