Sunday 10 August 2014

Empties #4

 I never realise just how much I go through until I open up my overflowing top drawer and see all of the empty containers just begging to be photographed. I've used up quite a lot (and replaced it all too- haul, anyone?). Without further ado, let's begin rummaging through my rubbish!



 It's taken me absolutely ages to get through the Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light Shine conditioner to the point where I just got so bored of it. Yes it made my hair shine without weighing it down but I have other multi-tasking conditioners that can do the job just as well. I only really used the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends shampoo because I found it in my cupboard and wanted to get rid of it but I didn't find it to do much at all, if anything.
I love using the John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3 Day Straight because it really does prolong the straightness of my hair, meaning I don't have to keep straightening it day after day. Definite repurchase on the cards! I found the Phyto Phytokératine mask to do nothing but make my hair smell a bit funny and perhaps reduce split ends a little. I used the Tresemmé Keratin Smooth mask once a week to restore my hair's strength and while it kept it healthy it wasn't enough to wow me, so I've moved on to a different one.
 The Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean cleanser was a nice enough cleanser but it wasn't anything particularly special to make me run to repurchase it. I might consider buying it again if it weren't for the really annoying packaging - by the end I had to store it upside down and scoop it out using my fingers! I found the Sephora Triple Action cleansing water to be good for taking off face makeup but really bad at dealing with even the slightest bit of eye makeup. I was expecting good things from the pump but it just made the water squirt everywhere rather than onto the cotton pad, making things quite messy.
I really did like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, especially for my oily but dehydrated skin as it gave my skin a lovely and plump feel. However having said that, I got a bit bored of it after a while and just wanted a change. The packaging was really impractical as I had to store it upside down and scoop it out with my fingers, barely reaching the last bits and making it all a bit of a faff - another packaging fail!
The Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque is definitely one for people with more sensitive skin as it's great at giving the skin a good cleanse without drying it out. I did sometimes feel like I wanted a bit more of a deep cleanse so I probably wouldn't repurchase.
 I just had the Bath and Body Worths Be Enchanted Shower Gel as a gift from a family member but I didn't find it particularly moisturising. It retails for around £8 which it definitely is not worth. The Rituals Fortune Scrub was a really lovely body scrub which smelt amazing and left my skin feeling incredibly soft, I would definitely repurchase. I really wanted to like the Bare Minerals Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover but I found it so greasy, blurring my eyes whenever I used it - not a good sign!
 My all-time favourite hand cream has to be the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment, it's so thick but sinks in like nobody's business! My hands feel so nourished and soft after using it so I already have another bottle. If you're on a tighter budget I also really liked the Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream which is not quite as moisturising but still pretty good for such a low price.
I've had the Clinique High Definition Lashes Mascara for a while and it was pretty dried up so I decided it needed to be thrown away. It was great for separation and definition of lashes but its longevity really let me down; by the end of the day there would be no traces of mascara at all. The Sally Hansen Vita-B Lip Moisturiser was nothing but a greasy mess! It melted so quickly making putting it on really messy and uncomfortable.

That's it for empties this time- hopefully next time I'll have used up more makeup rather than hoarding it all and raiding the shelves of Boots…

2 comments:

  1. I love the be enchanted scent ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Keratin smooth mask - that sounds amazing!

    Would you like to join my Student Box Swap? Check my blog for more details!
    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete