Tuesday 3 June 2014

Empties #3

I have been collecting all of my empty and used up products of the past few months and just didn't have time to take any photos of them - before I knew it I had a drawer full of empty products and I was snapping these photos of them. Sit back and grab a cuppa - this could be a long one.

 Shampoos seem to finish the fastest but conditioners not so much! I have used two Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh shampoos to remove product build up in the roots but without stripping the rest of the hair. I really liked the fresh feeling it gave but I'm trialling another one at the moment - that's not to say that I wouldn't repurchase because it's a great budget buy.
The John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturising shampoo was a pretty 'meh' product, nothing special and not a product which particularly wowed me. It was pretty moisturising and smelt nice but I don't think I would repurchase. 
I am really loving the Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek shampoo, it really controls the puffiness and frizziness of my hair as well as nourishing it really well. This is a great shampoo which smells amazing and isn't hard on the bank account either - I already have another one!
I tried the Phyto Phytokeratine shampoo in the hopes that it would add some strength and sleekness to my hair but I didn't find it to do much (apart from smell quite bad). Not a great first impression from Phyto!
I just have a mini of the Tresemme Heat Defence spray which I use at my heat protectant. It's lightweight and great at protection my hair from the heat I always use on it and so I have a big bottle in my cupboard already on the go. 


 The Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Washes in 'Plum & Sakura' and 'Nectarine & White Ginger' both smell great in the bottle but don't linger for long on the skin. Scent aside, they're both not too thick in consistency while still being incredibly moisturising.
I have been a faithful user of the Palmolive Ultra Moisturisation body wash for many years due to its no-nonsense and super moisturising formula. A real favourite of mine. 
I used to use the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends mask weekly as a split ends treatment and really loved what it did for me but I have since found an even better one! This is such a budget find however so I would recommend it but not if you're a daily user of heat - the effects don't last that long.
NOTE: These aren't all the body washes that I've used in the past few months but I may have accidentally thrown some away...woops!


 Now onto the skincare! The Clearasil Superfruit Oil & Shine Wash smelt amazing and was really refreshing in the morning but it didn't really do anything in terms of oil control, despite that being its main purpose.
I am sorely missing the Origins Clear Improvements mask in my skincare routine! I have had it for years and it has been my trusty companion through the worst of breakouts, giving my skin a really deep and thorough cleanse. I really want to pick this up again soon, once I've cleared out my other products.
While trialling this mini of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir I fell in love and bought the full sized bottle. It's refreshing mist which is perfect for the mornings where I'm feeling really groggy and tired (most mornings if I'm honest!). It smells lovely and is great for a little boost of hydration through the day.
From a Benefit skincare set, the Triple Facial Emulsion is a thick but oil-free moisturiser which I do actually own the full size of, but it's much more a winter moisturiser because it can feel a little heavy on the skin.
Unfortunately I was quite disappointed with the Lush Cupcake face mask which was a pain both to apply and remove as well as not giving my skin the deep cleanse that the Origins mask did. I really didn't like the fact that I only had a month to use it because it certainly took me longer to go through it.
Excuse the weird photo, none of the bottles were cooperating!
While I really liked the Bioderma Sensibio and Sébium micellar waters I'm actually currently trialling the whole coconut oil thing. However if I'm in need of something for a trip or lazy days I will definitely repurchase either of these. 
You can tell that the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish was well loved by me but as we go into summer I'm testing some slightly lighter face washes so as not to weigh my skin down. That being said, I really loved how creamy they were and how they managed to cleanse my skin so well without leaving it feeling dry or tight. 
The Secret Clinical Strength Waterproof deodorant is something you can only get in the US but I thought it may be worth mentioning anyway. Somehow this has lasted me over 5 months with daily use and I can wholeheartedly say that I am not one to skimp on deodorant - I'm not quite sure how it lasted so long! While I really liked it and its fresh scent I didn't find it to be that effective and so I'd give it a miss. 
I usually like the layer something like the Dove Go Fresh spray over a stick deodorant for that extra layer of scent protection. This was a small can I used for travelling but I already have a large one for daily use.
I have had these two Ed Hardy perfumes in Love Kills Slowly and Hearts and Daggers for so long that I just decided to get rid of them, especially because they're not really fitting my taste any more. They're very sweet and not particularly long-lasting so I won't be repurchasing these. 
I finished up my YSL Touché Eclat and can say that while I enjoyed using it for its highlighting properties, I think £25 is a bit steep and would rather use a cheaper alternative.
This Balmi lip balm was surprisingly very moisturising and smelt really good as well, however I'm quite fickle with lip balms (unless they're The One) so I won't be repurchasing this.
Ending this on a sad note, I finally finished my Dior Crème de Rose lip balm and it was a sad day indeed. It's honestly such an amazingly moisturising lip balm that I would use every night to keep my lips in check. It now seems to have been discontinued (in Europe, at least) so I'm going to see if I can get a kind family member to bring some over from the States! If you have access to it I would really recommend that you try this, it's just that amazing.

Wow. That was a hell of a long post and if you're still reading then thank you and well done! As I write this my next bag of empties is filling up very rapidly - Empties #4 may not be as far away as you may think...

1 comment:

  1. This made me remember how much I love the Bioderma and Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Congrats on using up so many products!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete