Wednesday 21 May 2014

Maybelline The Eraser Concealer


Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Under Eye Concealer in 'Light' - £6.99
Their first dedicated under eye concealer, I would say that Maybelline have really quite impressed me with their Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Under Eye Concealer (it took me about 1 minute to type that!). Offering high coverage and long lasting power, I was intrigued to try it and see if I could finally find my solution to those horrible dark circles which seem to have found permanent residence on my face.

I'll just quickly touch on the packaging which is pretty unhygienic as well as impractical, since you can't always see how much product has been dispensed with every twist. The sponge doesn't make it very easy to get to the inner corner of the eye because it's just so big. However, I do like the transparency of the bottle so it's clear how much of the product has been used up. 

It doesn't have the most moisturising of formulas but the thickness is definitely there without creasing horribly (like the Collection Lasting Perfection does). It's doesn't have very full coverage but it's pretty impressive in terms of having a balanced coverage:longevity ratio. However, the coverage can be built up, but it just take a bit of knack to master the art of blending it in without rubbing away everything you've already applied. It's quite a good alternative to the Benefit Fake Up but just without the moisturising ring which may be a better thing as we go into the summer months!

I find it so annoying that the shade range is so limited compared to the range in the UK - they have Neutraliser and Brightener, two shades which I would love to try but can't get my hands on. Even if I were to find shades which I liked, they're in such short supply whenever I go to a Maybelline stand that I would be lucky to find them! I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort to find but if I were to stumble across it once I run out, I would definitely consider repurchasing it. 

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered this in the shade fair and can't wait to try it out. I hear so many good things about it. I have seen Neutralizer and Brightener at Ulta and CVS.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete