Monday 23 June 2014

Collective Beauty Haul

Oops. That's all I have to say. I have no idea how I managed to somehow accumulate so much stuff but it's happened and my bank account has certainly been affected! Just as a disclaimer, I didn't buy all of these in one shopping trip, this is a cumulative haul over several weeks- #feelingspendy anyone?


I bought a couple of things from Kiehl's, including the Blue Herbal Spot Treatment which I remember trying last summer while staying with some relatives and wanted to change up my spot treatment, since I think my skin had been getting a bit used to it. Then I bought the Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant simply because summer's upon us and I need a change of deodorant, being a Sweaty Betty and all. It smells really lovely and citrus-y so I'll be sure to get back on that. 
The Yes to Grapefruits Uneven Skin Tone Daily Facial Scrub is something I've been wanting for a while but Yes to Grapefruits hasn't been readily available in the UK before this. I've been trying it for a few weeks now and I really like it, it's so refreshing in the morning! Another thing I've been trying to find for so long is the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment which I hadn't been able to find in the UK but managed to track down in Sally's Beauty Supply. I've always been struggling with frizzy hair and the summer heat and humidity doesn't make things any better, so I've been searching for a solution to my puffy haired nightmare. This TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment is meant to keep your hair silky smooth and frizz-free for up to 4 washes- bold claims but I'm excited to see how it lives up to them!
I took advantage of the Escentual French Pharmacy deal and restocked my Caudalie Beauty Elixir since it's pretty pricey and I'm almost out of my current bottle. Another thing was the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Moisturising Stick because I wanted a portable, hygienic version of one of the best lip balms ever! My final Escentual purchase was the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder which I've read rave reviews about, being a powder to keep your base in place through the summer water and sweat.  
A couple of Clinique birthday treats from a (very generous) friend were the Cheek Pop in 'Peach Pop' and the High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara, both of which I'm really excited to try. 
Last and certainly not least are some cheekier products, like the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Dragon Girl' which is really quite amazing, as well as the Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet in 'B20' which is positively dreamy!
This has been pretty eyeopening to me as to how much I am capable of buying, I really need to stop myself- but hey, at least I avoided the ASOS 25% off discount code? It's the small things!

1 comment: