Sunday 20 October 2013

Benefit Fake Up

 Today I'll be reviewing Benefit's Fake Up, a concealer with moisturising qualities, formulated especially for use in the under eye area. It's supposed to combat under eye bags and dark circles, while moisturising at the same time.

I haven't seen many people talk about this but I decided to give it a go, being a huge fan of Benefit!

It has really nice packaging, once again typical of Benefit. It's a really sleek, silver tube which is surprisingly sturdy.
"This hydrating crease-control concealer- with Vitamin E & apple seed extract- hides dark circles and diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra- natural look"
 As for the actual product, it has an incredibly unique design. There is a ring in the middle of the concealer and then on the outside of it there is a ring which moisturises under your eyes without creasing- and they mean that!
Before blending
After blending

Overall, I think that this is a unique product, which really lived up to my expectations. I usually apply it after foundation and set it in place with powder, otherwise I find it to look a little too shiny. 

The coverage isn't completely there but I wouldn't expect it to moisturise as well as completely cover dark circles- it's good enough for me! I love how hydrating and crease-free the formula is, something I was incredibly wary of!

I do like Fake Up, but at £18.50, it's quite expensive for a product which isn't full coverage. I would still recommend it if it's within your budget or if you manage to find it during sale time!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this in stores but have always passed it up because I was skeptical that it would work. Thanks for the review.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it seems like a bit of a gimmick, to be honest if your dark circles are really bad this may not be the right product for you x

      Delete