Friday 14 June 2013

Collective Haul

Recently I've gone out for doses of retail therapy...a lot...and so have come back- over a period of many trips- to these products. If you're here to inspect the damage look no further!



Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I have been wanting this brush since last year, it's been at the top of my wish list! Every time I've had it in front of me I've just stopped myself but I couldn't wait any longer- I just bought it. I'm really excited to use this, as I don't like using a foundation brush as they leave a lot of streaks but I've heard many different- better- things about this!

Botanics Mattifying Cleansing Mousse Shine Away
Since I have quite oily skin I've been on the lookout for a product that will reduce the shine on my nose in particular, so I decided to give this a go- I'll let you know how it goes!

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets
As I said before, my oily skin can mean that during the day I really need a refresher, without disturbing my makeup. While browsing the aisles of my local supermarket I found these on sale for 90p- an absolute bargain considering they usually retail at £2.99! I'm very excited to use these and know whether they really are as good as I've heard they are.

Balmi Raspberry Lip Balm
Oh yes, I've done it again, I bought another one! I couldn't help it, the cubic shape intrigued me! It smells amazing and is useful when you don't want to stick your fingers in a pot. It's very moisturising but not greasy, and I really do love it.

Soap & Glory Clean on Me
I always resort to buying the Soap & Glory minis when it comes to travelling and I really love the shower gel, so I decided to splurge (tell me if I'm wrong but £5.50 for a shower gel is quite expensive, right?). I love how moisturising it is, and the scent lasts for such a long time. I really recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a thick and creamy shower gel to use. 

Simple Kind to Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream
Well that was a mouthful. Anyway, this is such an amazing product, beating my Bioderma by miles! You apply a tiny bit onto a cotton pad and just wipe, then my makeup has completely disappeared within a couple of swipes. I can see this lasting for ages, as only a really small amount is needed and it goes a long way. 

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
And here come the hair products! I, as someone with really frizzy hair, have been searching for so long for a product that actually works, and this (along with other products in my haul) very well may be part of my new routine! This is my all time favourite shampoo, it smells incredible, adds softness and shine to my hair as well as really controlling frizz. 

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Reviving Dry Oil
While buying the shampoo I decided to buy this as a complementary product, and I have to say- they really do work well together. They both smell amazing and this adds an extra shine, as well as going that extra mile to control the frizz in my hair.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Formula Hair Serum
I have tried this in the past and didn't really find this to work for me, but a couple of months ago I found out that I was using it all wrong, so that it made my hair greasy and didn't help with frizz! When I found out about the new extra strength formula I decided to try it again.


John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight
I have been using this for quite a while and this seems to work well for me, so really this was just a repurchase. This basically just works to keep my hair straight beyond the first time I straighten it. I'm not sure if it works for 3 days but then again my hair naturally curls while I sleep, so I wouldn't blame that on the product!

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh
One of my Lust List products, checked off! This was an impulse purchase in the House of Fraser sale, and I am so glad that I bought it. The packaging is beautiful and I just really love it- smelling absolutely amazing, I can definitely see it being my summer scent!

While a lot of my products were hair based, it is simply because summer (humidity) is coming up and I need to find a way to control my wild mop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment