Sunday 3 November 2013

Sephora Favourites Super Stars 2013

 Every year around Christmas Sephora come out with a range of value gift sets, and they always have their 'Super Stars' set containing best sellers from the year. This year's set retails for $75 but is valued at around $280! It contains 12 items, some full sized and others very generously sized. They have products from the likes of Smashbox, NARS, Urban Decay, Origins and more, but unfortunately, it's now sold out online, but you might be able to find it in-store.




 First is the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in the shade 'Light'. I'm lucky that this shade works with my winter skin, but to be honest this was a bad idea. So many people have darker skin, they could have at least put Light/Medium or Medium, or perhaps even had a choice of 3 Superstars sets with Light, Medium and Dark. Anyway, getting onto the actual product, this claims to:


  • PRIME: Wear alone, or under your favorite foundation to create a smooth canvas
  • PERFECT: Tinted formula in 5 shades evens out skin for a flawless finish
  • HYDRATE: Improves skin moisture in 4 weeks.
  • PROTECT: SPF 35 guards against UVA/UVB rays
  • CONTROL OIL: Minimizes shine with no chalky finish.


Quite ambitious claims but I'll see how true they are! This is a full-sized product, normally retailing at £27. When you think about it, this kit was $75, which is about £45, so it's really great value for money.

 Next is the mini NARS Duo 'Orgasm/Laguna'. This is an amazing product, small enough to fit in my handbag. The pigmentation is really great, and the colours are beautiful- review to come soon!


 There was a duo of the Urban Decay eyeshadows in 'Sin' and 'Mushroom'. The little container is full sized but each shadow is half, but that's more than enough for me! It's a great little duo, compact and the colours work really lovely together- it's a whole eye look in a small container.


Then there is the full sized Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in 'Black'. This is such a good eyeliner, making it easy to just slightly define the upper lash line or to go full out cat-eye. The longevity is great and, after just shaking it, it's ready to go!

 I've never really been a lipstick kind of gal, being too scared to pick the brighter shades but the nude shades would just wash me out, so I was really glad that this was a pre-picked shade, 'Dolce Vita' NARS lipstick. It's full-sized and is so creamy, the formulation is really nice.


 I don't really do anything with my brows, I leave that to the lady at the salon who waxes them! I have quite thick brows, not really needing to be filled in, but they are pretty wild. This is a deluxe size of the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, and it's such a nifty little product that I comb through by brows to keep in check- no crispiness, no messiness, simple!


 This is a really interesting product, the Too Faced Better Than False Lashes mascara. It's a two-part product, which literally makes you look like you're wearing false lashes. It works by putting that white stuff, nylon fibres, onto your lashes, then the black mascara over it, really lengthening them. 


 I've never tried this Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume so I, being an avid perfume collector, was excited to try this out. It comes in a handy little roller-ball form and smells incredible- I literally roll this all over my body just so everything smells like it!


 I've wanted to try the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray for a while but couldn't really justify spending so much on it, so I was really pleased to find a mini size of it in the box for me to try. 


 I've wanted to try this Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil for I don't know how long! It's only a mini size, but I use it for everything, nourishing the ends of my hair and even as a serum before my moisturiser.


 I'm a fan of Origins products and really wanted to try their Ginzing range, so to find a full-size of this Ginzing eye cream was great. It's really brightening and moisturising, making it perfect for my dark under-eye circles.


 I always hear about Deborah Lippman nail polishes but have never really had any inclination to try them out, due to their steep prices, but this nail polish in the shade 'Cleopatra in New York' is really beautiful both alone and on top of other colours. In the picture above, you can see I used it as an accent nail over the Barry M Matte Nail Paint in 'Mocha'.


Top-Bottom: Smashbox Photo Ready BB Cream 'Light', Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner 'Black', Urban Decay Eyeshadow 'Sin' and 'Mushroom', NARS lipstick 'Dolce Vita'
This post was a long one so well done to those of you who got through to the end! These were just mini reviews of the products but I will be doing full reviews on some of the ones which particularly caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment