Monday 5 August 2013

July Favourites

This month has been a scorcher, summer has definitely not disappointed in England! 

During July I was away for a couple of weeks (where the heat was just as intense, if not more!) so my favourites this month are perfect for holidays and even if you're enjoying the heat wherever you are!

For keeping my makeup stay where it is practically all day long, is the Smashbox Photo Finish OIL-FREE (yes!) Foundation Primer and the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. These primers are miracle-workers, they work so well to keep my makeup from melting off my face in this summer heatwave, I really recommend them!
My favourite foundation this month is Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow- this gives such great coverage yet isn't heavy at all, plus it has SPF 25- BONUS! I apply it with my Real Technique's Stippling Brush for a really flawless finish, without leaving my face streaky.
A step I used to skip in my skincare routine, due to my oily skin, was moisturising- big mistake. I never moisturised and my skin was in terrible condition, oily yet lacking real moisture in some places, so recently I've religiously been moisturising with my favourite moisturiser, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, and now I'll never turn back!
Even though I haven't been that exposed to the sun, I have loved the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun lotion both for its incredibly moisturising qualities and how amazing it smells. I advise you to go to your local Boots/Superdrug to just smell it!
Finally, after a month of sunshine and heat styling on my hair, it's been damaged pretty badly. Then came Herbal Essences Split End Protection Intensive Mask to the rescue! I put this on the ends of my hair for a few minutes while I'm in the shower, rinse it out and then BAM my hair is feeling healthy again!

Is it just me or have I used the word 'moisturising' a few too many times in this post..

No comments:

Post a Comment