Tuesday 2 December 2014

bareMinerals Well Rested Concealer



bareMinerals Well Rested for Eyes Concealer - £19
I am forever on the search for the perfect under eye concealer and I was hoping that this bareMinerals Well Rested Concealer would be the answer to my prayers, providing sufficient coverage while still lasting all day and looking as natural as possible. I've not had much experience with mineral products so I thought bareMinerals, the company most famous for their mineral products, would be the perfect introduction to them.

You can buy this concealer in different shades specific to your skin colour but this particular shade, Well Rested, is tailored specifically to counteract dark under eye circles and leave that area looking brightened and refreshed. It comes in a classic bareMinerals-style pot with a handy twist contraption to reduce excess product wastage, a pot which is compact and practical, lasting every bump and scratch it faces. To use it, I twist the plastic, dust some powder into the lid and swirl a small brush, like my Real Techniques Setting Brush around before applying it under my eyes.

It applies really nicely and provides a pretty decent amount of coverage, something which really surprised me! I couldn't believe that a powder could actually cover up my under eye circles without the help of additional concealer which did the job really well. However, despite being a great product at concealing my under eye circles, there was a big flaw which I noticed; it creases. Upon application it looks truly flawless but come midday I look in the mirror and lo and behold it has creased big time. I don't have wrinkles yet but with this concealer my eyes looked drastically aged and I looked a lot older - boo. 

I really wanted to love this, and as far as concealing goes it's great, but the major creasing is just too bad for me to ignore it and continue using it. At £19 it's not exactly cheap, so I'm truly disappointed with how this has turned out. So the search for the perfect under eye concealer continues - any recommendations are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment