Tuesday 2 September 2014

Summer Favourites



While 'Summer favourites' posts aren't very common, I decided to write one simply due to the fact that this summer I've not had enough time to do my monthly favourites. It just so happens that at the end of both June and July I was away and couldn't write up the posts/take the photos so I'm making up for it with a huge favourites now! For some reason I completely forgot to photograph my lip favourites of the summer but believe me when I say their absence in the picture in no way lessens my love for them! 

My most-used concealer over the past few months has been without a doubt the Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer. I've found myself using this over blemishes and old scars rather than foundation in the humid conditions I've been in, as it's waterproof for the most part and just stays put, especially longer when set with powder. I love applying it with my finger then blending with the Real Techniques Setting Brush which really makes it so easy to blend, considering it has a pretty thick texture. A spritz of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray over whichever foundation/powder I used this summer just ensured that my base lasted for that little bit longer. When paired with the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer, which made my foundation adhere to my skin like glue, my foundation stayed put all day. 

Unfortunately I'm leaving this summer without any glimpse of a tan due to the fact that I visited Australia in their winter (rookie move) and while Malaysia was boiling hot, the sun stayed hidden behind the clouds. For that reason I've found myself having to fake the summer glow with a new love, the NARS Laguna bronzer. I've never been much of a bronzer girl, hating how unnatural it looks but then I found this baby and it's been a bronzed journey from there! My favourite method of application is with my trusty Real Techniques Contour Brush below my cheekbones and on my temples, which leaves me looking somewhat contoured but with a lovely bronzed glow. 


Stila has really been ruling the roost when it comes to eye makeup and it's done a mighty fine job! The Stila Stay All Day eyeliner is super black and glossy but doesn't fade at all- it really is a stay all day eyeliner. The best part? Despite being so long-lasting and a true black, it's not difficult to remove at all. In terms of eyeshadow the Stila In The Light palette has been all I've used because of the great pigmentation as well as a lovely selection of colours. In particular I've loved putting Kitten all over the lid with a mixture of Bliss and Sandstone in the crease for a lovely everyday look. The shade selection means that it's easy to make the look more evening appropriate- this is a real winner!

I've kept my lips pretty simple this summer but an easy colour to throw on the lips has been the Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in 'Lip Service'. The colour isn't too out there but gives a lovely tint to the lips as well as being incredibly moisturising and comfortable to wear. For a more long-lasting colour which I use when I have time to perfect application, I've been donning the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in 'Nude-ist' which is a pinky nude leaning more towards the brown side of the scale. 

The colour that's been gracing my nails for a majority of the summer (with the exception of my shellac manicure for when I went away) was without a doubt Essie Mint Candy Apple. Loads of people may consider this to be more spring-appropriate but I have personally loved donning this beautiful minty green all summer! As with all Essie polishes application is easy and with both a base and top coat this lasts for a good 4-5 before chipping. Big thumbs up from me!

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to try that Urban Decay Setting Spray for ages! That essie shade looks lovely too!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete